Have you ever tried to change your behaviour, only to give up after a few days?
Whether it be learning a new language or an instrument, most people give up far too easily.
Why do we give up?
Because we get easily frustrated.
Why the frustration?
Because we feel […]
No one likes a Debbie Downer.
Yet, everyday millions of us engage in behaviours that routinely mess with our mood.
Here’s what you do:
1. You login to Facebook or Instagram
2. You mindlessly scroll through your feed
3. You repeat this behaviour several times a day
It seems harmless, right? You’re just checking social media. But every […]
Picture this …
You’re sitting next to someone who is working on their laptop.
Out of curiosity, you glance over to see what this person is doing. Dozens of websites are open and she seems to be doing the digital dance: rapidly switching from listening to a lecture to checking Facebook and then onto […]
When you study for tests and exams, do you . . .
• Highlight or underline your books?
• Test yourself with flash cards?
• Create notes?
• Make an outline of the key topics?
• Reread your books and/or notes?
These are all popular study strategies and exam revision techniques. But how effective are they? And […]