Often the thought of taking action to combat climate change can be overwhelming. People frequently tell me that it’s all too hard, they feel helpless and they don’t know where to start. If experts such as Professor Ross Garnaut and the world’s leading scientists are however correct about climate change, then the next 2 to […]
‘My dog eats better than your kids’ is a pretty bold statement to make. It’s the title of Dr Peter Dingle’s latest book on nutrition and healthy living. My mum and I were lucky enough to bump into Dr Dingle at university today, where he told us all about his book. I have to admit […]
For years I have battled with mountains of clutter in my office and bedroom. I have been labeled ‘a mess maker’. Typical time management and organisational strategies (i.e. writing lists and prioritising) have never really worked for me (no matter how hard I have tried and believe me, I have tried hard!). In some ways […]
The last few days I have been struggling to work on my honours thesis in order to complete my final year of university. The thought of reading journal articles and writing has felt like hard work. Then this evening, I saw an eye opening documentary on SBS called ‘The Boys from Baghdad High’ (Produced/Directed: Ivan […]
When was the last time someone told you to cheer up or look on the bright side? Did these words irritate you? Being told to cheer up is probably the last things you want to hear when you are feeling down. It may even make you feel worse according to some psychologists. First you feel […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...