I recently took an online test to figure out what my learning style was. According to learning style theory, we all have a preferred bodily sense through which we learn information best. Some of us are visual learners, others auditory learners, and the rest of us kinaesthetic learners. Based on the learning style concept, if […]
Holidays are the perfect time to recharge and refocus for the New Year. Some students and parents also see holidays as the perfect opportunity to get a head start on the school curriculum and revise for upcoming exams. But is it a good idea to study over the holidays? And if so, how can it […]
In American teen films, you’ll often find a philosophical college counsellor or a wise old teacher who dishes out pearls of wisdom. At my high school, it was the elderly Chaplain who tried (perhaps a little too hard) to fill this role. One day, after I had received some disciplinary action for arriving late to […]
I have a confession to make: being organised is not my natural state. My default state is crazy messy desk. Crazy messy bedroom. Crazy messy kitchen. Just ask my friends. But after reading various books on organisation strategies, as well as a lot of trial and error, I have sorted out my inner slob. I […]
We’ve all heard stories of people leaving their revision until the night before an exam. We don’t tend to dwell too much on the stories where the student fails miserably. The stories that stick in our minds are the ones of those people who manage to just scrape through the exam. Or students who score […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...