You’ve probably realised by now that doing well in exams is not just about memorising lots of information. Don’t get me wrong, the ability to learn and memorise information effectively makes a big difference. But there are lots of other strategies and practices students can adopt to boost their performance. Whether you’ve just finished exams […]
Want to boost your grades and productivity this year? Then consider boosting your happiness and wellbeing. Research shows that happy students tend to be better students. When one is feeling good about themselves and their life then they are more likely to experience greater creativity and mental clarity as well as better relationships. When you’re […]
Staying focused in the age of distraction isn’t easy but it can be done with a little mental training and structuring your environment in a particular way. If you want to develop razor sharp focus, greater peace of mind and the ability to get things done, consider making the time to declutter your workspace. Research […]
When I was 12 years old I participated in my first poetry recital contest. Despite practicing my poem for many months before the contest, I was really nervous. Normally you could imagine a parent telling their nervous child “It’s OK. You’ll be fine” or “Take some deep breaths”. But my mum didn’t do that. Instead […]
If you want to be someone who is super sharp and bursting with creative ideas and energy, then here’s my advice: Carry a notepad and pen with you everywhere you go. As digital media artist Aaron Koblin states – “They say an elephant never forgets. Well, you are not an elephant. Take notes, constantly. Save […]
Sign up for our Smart Study e-newsletter
- Writing essays made easy: How to slay your inner perfectionist and make an absolute mess February 20, 2016
- Brain Boosting Breakfasts February 5, 2016
- Avoiding the Stationery Trap: Insights from a Recovering Stationery Addict and an 18th Century Philosopher January 24, 2016
- Working and thinking on your feet: How standing and treadmill desks can change your life January 13, 2016
- Arnie says “You can do it!”: How to failproof your goals for 2016 January 3, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...