Over the past year I’ve seen more and more people using standing desks. And not just people with bad backs. I’m talking fit, strong and healthy people with no physical aches and pains. For example, a few months ago I met a young lawyer who had recently purchased a standing desk and treadmill for her […]
As a young bodybuilder with a thick Austrian accent Arnold Schwarzenegger declared to a sports journalist that he was going to be Hollywood’s biggest star. When he’d accomplished that, his next goal was to enter politics. In 2003, he became the Governor of California and proceeded to implement measures to radically reduce California’s greenhouse gas […]
You’ve probably realised by now that doing well in exams is not just about memorising lots of information. Don’t get me wrong, the ability to learn and memorise information effectively makes a big difference. But there are lots of other strategies and practices students can adopt to boost their performance. Whether you’ve just finished exams […]
Want to boost your grades and productivity this year? Then consider boosting your happiness and wellbeing. Research shows that happy students tend to be better students. When one is feeling good about themselves and their life then they are more likely to experience greater creativity and mental clarity as well as better relationships. When you’re […]
Staying focused in the age of distraction isn’t easy but it can be done with a little mental training and structuring your environment in a particular way. If you want to develop razor sharp focus, greater peace of mind and the ability to get things done, consider making the time to declutter your workspace. Research […]
Sign up for our Smart Study e-newsletter
- Why going cold turkey on your highlighter pens may be the best thing you ever did August 22, 2016
- The life-changing magic of realising you have a problem: How the KonMari decluttering method helped me break my stationery addiction August 18, 2016
- Writing essays made easy: How to slay your inner perfectionist and make an absolute mess February 20, 2016
- Brain Boosting Breakfasts February 5, 2016
- Avoiding the Stationery Trap: Insights from a Recovering Stationery Addict and an 18th Century Philosopher January 24, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...