Picture this. A clear blue sky. Fresh clean air. Old ancient trees. Beautiful birdsong. Nice, eh? Now imagine this. Noise from traffic. Pollution. Dirty plastic waste. A sea of concrete. Let me ask you this – which scenery do you prefer? Judging from the huge digital image of a blue sky and mountains in the [...]
Tag Archives | Productivity
I recently came across a great technique to help busy people get things done. In the book “Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper” bestselling author Sark presents the idea of working in “micro movements”. Whilst her book is aimed at people who want to write a book, you can use this technique to help you complete any [...]
A few months ago I came across this picture that several friends had shared on Facebook (courtesy of Ruby Rose). Many people identified with this image making comments along the lines of – “So sad but TRUE!” Sites like Facebook, YouTube and Tumblr are incredibly addictive. Deep down we all know we should be working [...]
My dad is 65 years old and he’s been running marathons for the last 4 years. Before a race he prepares himself mentally and physically by doing the following – Getting a good night sleep (8 hours) Having a healthy low GI breakfast Stretching his muscles with a 500 metre jog As a marathon runner [...]
We’ve all heard the cliched phrases “You have good days and you have bad days” and “Some days are better than others”. What is it about those “good days” that makes them better than others? Are there any common elements that result in having a really good day at work, school or university? Whether you [...]
If you’ve just logged into Facebook or your email for the 10th time today or find yourself thinking in Facebook statuses throughout the day, it may be time to read Leo Babauta’s eBook “Focus: A simplicity manifesto in the age of distraction”. This free eBook contains dozens of practical suggestions to help you enjoy life [...]
Your Shopping Cart
- No products in the cart.
- 5 things I wish I knew about exams as a student May 29, 2013
- Simple snacks for razor sharp thinking May 5, 2013
- Saying more with less: A simple way to boost essay marks April 28, 2013
- Adiós Laptop: The Power of Pencil and Paper March 26, 2013
- Boost your brainpower with a dose of nature March 17, 2013
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to Mind Map for Legal Tests and Exams November 13, 2009
- rupen: Ya u have helped now.i think I am motivated.but wh...
- Common Knowledge, Aotearoa NZ: [...] over Jane Genovese’s mindmap on “How to ...
- Cheyenne: Thanks for the amazing advice Jane. These are real...
- Erin: Here's my problem: I seem to be able to spill out...
- Nhat: Pleasure to read something which you agree wholehe...