Have you been putting something off? You know how it goes. One part of your brain says – “Stop procrastinating. Just get on with it. Finish it!” But then another part screams- “But I don’t want to!” It may not be anything major, but the task keeps niggling at the back of your mind. It […]
Tag Archives | Motivation
Feeling unmotivated? Lacking confidence? Consider altering your posture. It’s firmly established that a large number of bodily movements, including posture, can influence one’s personal attitudes, motivation levels and ability to think. Studies have found that sitting slumped in a chair can make one feel less proud of their performance (Stepper & Strack, 1993) and can […]
Motivating yourself to exercise isn’t always easy. When you’ve been at school or work for over 6 – 8 hours, the last thing you probably want to do is go for a run, walk or lift some weights. But what if a horde of zombies was chasing after you? Would that motivate you to start […]
Over a year ago I wrote a blog post called “5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project”. Several people responded to this blog post with comments along the following lines – “Don’t know what to do…..I have not gained any motivation…” “I want something more to get motivated. […]
Last year I wrote a blog post called 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project. I suggested strategies such as thinking positive thoughts, practising visualisation and taking small actions steps. Doing all of those things are great, but I’m sorry to say that I missed the obvious when […]
‘How do I get motivated to study?’ is one question I am constantly asked by students. Having just completed my honours thesis (which turned out to be the hardest, most stressful and rewarding project I have ever done) I am happy to say that there are many ways to motivate yourself, but it may involve […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- Exploring Learning Styles: Fact or Fiction? January 18, 2017
- How to study effectively over the holidays without burning out January 10, 2017
- 7 things I wish I had known when I was in high school January 3, 2017
- 10 Organisation Strategies for Disorganised Students: Keeping Chaos at Bay November 3, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...