Boxing in a ring, making grape juice with your feet and jumping into a cold pool of water in the middle of winter. These were just a few activities that Matt Danzico did as part of a quirky experiment (The Time Hack) to see if he could create the longest year of his life. Why […]
Tag Archives | Mindfulness
“Early education makes us mindless” states social psychologist Ellen Langer. In her book “Mindfulness” Langer argues that from a young age we are taught to focus on goals rather than the process by which they are achieved. With such an intense focus on achieving goals and high results you may have become locked in a […]
Scientific research indicates that the highest number of heart attacks occur on a Monday morning. This should come as no surprise to those of us who suffer from Mondayitis – the general feeling of distress experienced upon returning to the workplace on a Monday. Having worked for myself and been a student for most of […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...