What’s a study strategy you can’t live without? For me, it’s mind mapping (i.e., visual note taking). Mind mapping helped me go from getting 1 out of 20 on my first test at university to completing degrees in Law and Psychology. It helped me get a PhD scholarship and complete my doctoral thesis. Whenever I […]
Tag Archives | Mind mapping
What do you do if you don’t understand something? Keep reading the same sentence over and over again? Maybe that will work. Maybe it won’t. Or you could grab some coloured pens and mind map out the content. This is what I do when I’m struggling to understand something. And this has worked for me […]
If I asked you to draw a picture of a chicken what would your reaction be? “No way, I can’t draw” or “Sure, no problem!”? Many people I work with have a black and white view when it comes to drawing. They think they either can or can’t draw. For this reason, teaching any form […]
A few months ago I finished my double degree in Law and Psychology (with First Class Honours). Don’t think for a second that it was easy for me to do – it took me 8 years and every assignment/exam was difficult. Every step of the way was a challenge. When I received my graduation certificate […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...