Today, at the start of 2012, many of us will take on adopting healthier habits, but in the next breath, or by tomorrow, or the next week, we will have given up and gone back to our old ways. A conversation I had with a friend last year nicely illustrates this point. We were discussing […]
Tag Archives | goals
“Early education makes us mindless” states social psychologist Ellen Langer. In her book “Mindfulness” Langer argues that from a young age we are taught to focus on goals rather than the process by which they are achieved. With such an intense focus on achieving goals and high results you may have become locked in a […]
According to psychological research only 53% of peoples’ goals are actually translated into action. A measly 53%. Why is this the case? Professor of Psychology at New York University, Dr Peter Gollwitzer, believes that there are a number of things that derail us from achieving our goals. We may find ourselves being distracted by Facebook […]
Do you need a bit of inspiration and help with setting your goals for the year? Not sure where to start or how to word your goals? I recently stumbled across a great goal setting website called 43 things. It allows you to list your goals, share your progress and encourage others to do the […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- Exploring Learning Styles: Fact or Fiction? January 18, 2017
- How to study effectively over the holidays without burning out January 10, 2017
- 7 things I wish I had known when I was in high school January 3, 2017
- 10 Organisation Strategies for Disorganised Students: Keeping Chaos at Bay November 3, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...