Have you ever found yourself looking up a thesaurus in an attempt to find a more complex or sophisticated word to use in an essay so you looked more intelligent? I’ll admit, I’ve done it. But it turns out, I’m not alone. 110 Stanford students were asked if they had ever looked up a thesaurus [...]
Archive | Writing RSS feed for this section
Have you ever left writing an essay until the last minute because you didn’t know what to write? Or perhaps because you were overly harsh and critical of your writing? An empty word document can bring up all kinds of uncomfortable mental and physical states such as anxiety, self doubt and overwhelm. “Is it going [...]
Want to be more creative? Then writing on warm coloured paper, hitting the gym and a view of nature may be your answer. These are just a few of the suggestions made by Dr Amantha Imber in her book “The Creativity Formula”. With a solid understanding of the latest empirical research, Dr Imber provides a [...]
The thought of starting any new writing task (whether it be a blog post, an assignment or a book) can be a daunting one. With only ideas in your head and nothing on paper or typed up on your computer, the sight of a blank sheet of paper or empty word document can be paralysing [...]
Your Shopping Cart
- No products in the cart.
- Simple snacks for razor sharp thinking May 5, 2013
- Saying more with less: A simple way to boost essay marks April 28, 2013
- Adiós Laptop: The Power of Pencil and Paper March 26, 2013
- Boost your brainpower with a dose of nature March 17, 2013
- Want more motivation and energy? Try some peppermint gum February 3, 2013
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to Mind Map for Legal Tests and Exams November 13, 2009
- Cheyenne: Thanks for the amazing advice Jane. These are real...
- Erin: Here's my problem: I seem to be able to spill out...
- Nhat: Pleasure to read something which you agree wholehe...
- anra: i would love to see a mindmap for psychology. i am...
- anra: i love mindmapping and learning with visual help. ...