Do you feel in control of technology? Or is technology in control of you? If you’ve ever had the experience where 5 minutes online turned into several hours, it’s probably a sign that you’re not in control. And why should we bother to be more disciplined about our screen time? Well for starters, e-obesity is […]
Archive | Technology RSS feed for this section
What do you do when you get stuck in a rut? When you are not sure how to progress forward with a project it’s easy to procrastinate or even worse give up in frustration. The automatic habit for many of us is to go on Facebook and get screen sucked: aimlessly surfing the Internet to […]
On average humans in the first world spend 3 hours a day in front of the television. To put this in perspective, if you watched this amount of TV daily and lived to the ripe old age of 75 you would have spent 9 years of your life in front of a television. Take a […]
Call me old school but sometimes I like to get away from my computer screen and work with a pencil or a pen and some paper. In fact, I think humans create some of their best ideas when they work in this way as opposed to working within the rigid confines of a word document […]
It should come as no surprise that ‘Facebook’ is the number 1 search term on the Internet. Now don’t get me wrong, I quite like Facebook. I use Facebook like 1 billion other people on the planet. I’d probably go on Facebook everyday but I have limits (e.g. I’m not one to share what I […]
Do you find it hard to get away from the computer? Have you ever found yourself in a trance like state wasting hours browsing meaningless websites? If so, you experienced being “screen sucked”. The term “screensucking” was created by medical doctor and author of the book “CrazyBusy”, Edward Hallowell. He defines screensucking as – “Wasting […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- Exploring Learning Styles: Fact or Fiction? January 18, 2017
- How to study effectively over the holidays without burning out January 10, 2017
- 7 things I wish I had known when I was in high school January 3, 2017
- 10 Organisation Strategies for Disorganised Students: Keeping Chaos at Bay November 3, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...