Last year, scientists did an autopsy on a dead sperm whale that was washed ashore on the Spanish coast south of Granada. What the scientists found inside the stomach of this whale shocked them – 18 kilograms of plastic made up of toothpaste containers, pots, rope, bags, and bottles. It’s a no brainer that this […]
Archive | Self Control RSS feed for this section
Call me old school but sometimes I like to get away from my computer screen and work with a pencil or a pen and some paper. In fact, I think humans create some of their best ideas when they work in this way as opposed to working within the rigid confines of a word document […]
It should come as no surprise that ‘Facebook’ is the number 1 search term on the Internet. Now don’t get me wrong, I quite like Facebook. I use Facebook like 1 billion other people on the planet. I’d probably go on Facebook everyday but I have limits (e.g. I’m not one to share what I […]
Do you think developing better self control is hard work? If so, then think again. There are a range of super simple strategies that you can incorporate into your everyday life to strengthen your self control. Below are a few of my favourites. Wait 10 minutes In the book “The Willpower Instinct”, Kelly McGonigal challenges […]
There’s a place in Texas called Kenny’s Burger Joint. It’s a pretty typical burger place all but for one little..I mean BIG thing: The 7,000 calorie El Jefe Grande burger on the menu. Before you can order this burger you need to sign a legal waiver. This actually is a good thing as it gives […]
Well, here it is! Our latest mindmap on self control. In my last blog post I wrote about how psychological researchers have found self control to be a major factor that leads to academic and life success. In fact some scholars even claim it’s our number 1 success strategy. Since there’s so much to this […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- Exploring Learning Styles: Fact or Fiction? January 18, 2017
- How to study effectively over the holidays without burning out January 10, 2017
- 7 things I wish I had known when I was in high school January 3, 2017
- 10 Organisation Strategies for Disorganised Students: Keeping Chaos at Bay November 3, 2016
- Exam Revision: To Cram or Not to Cram? October 13, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...