Students often tell me that they work in a state of “organised chaos”. Whilst their desks are piled high with papers and stuff, they insist that this doesn’t affect their productivity. I beg to differ. Let me explain it this way. Imagine that you need major surgery. You go to your local hospital, get wheeled […]
Archive | Organisation strategies RSS feed for this section
At the beginning of the school year teachers attempt to get their students in the right frame of mind and motivate them for the year ahead. “It’s time to get serious” I’ve heard many teachers say in their pep talks to students. But as one student said to me earlier this week – “What do […]
You may be a really switched on student with an incredible memory, but no matter how clever and good your memory is you will still need to use a diary/organiser. Why do you need to use a diary? Let’s consider the limitations on our short memory for a moment. Psychological research tells us that we […]
For years I have battled with mountains of clutter in my office and bedroom. I have been labeled ‘a mess maker’. Typical time management and organisational strategies (i.e. writing lists and prioritising) have never really worked for me (no matter how hard I have tried and believe me, I have tried hard!). In some ways […]
Sign up for our Smart Study e-newsletter
- Exploring Learning Styles: Fact or Fiction? January 18, 2017
- How to study effectively over the holidays without burning out January 10, 2017
- 7 things I wish I had known when I was in high school January 3, 2017
- 10 Organisation Strategies for Disorganised Students: Keeping Chaos at Bay November 3, 2016
- Exam Revision: To Cram or Not to Cram? October 13, 2016
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...
- elise: This is actually very good article! I will try not...
- michelle: beautiful mind map!!! thank you!! :D...
- Siti: Thank you!! I'll start purging now! xx...