How do you feel after eating deep fried fish and chips or a few pieces of KFC? Fantastic? Refreshed? On top of the world? I don’t think so. Most of us are all too familiar with the ‘post fish and chip’ or ‘KFC’ effect. Speaking from my own experience, I used to feel so good […]
Archive | Lifestyle RSS feed for this section
A few of my friends live by the philosophy that “sleep is a waste of time”. But is it really? When most of us spend about one third of our lives asleep, surely it must play an important role? Dr Robert Stickgold (Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard University) states “Most people think when you […]
You can work so hard to study large quantities of information for an exam, but if you don’t prepare yourself mentally and physically before that exam, all that hard work can sadly go to waste. When it comes time to take your major exams, you really have to relate to yourself as a top class […]
When was the last time someone told you to cheer up or look on the bright side? Did these words irritate you? Being told to cheer up is probably the last things you want to hear when you are feeling down. It may even make you feel worse according to some psychologists. First you feel […]
My mind is like my car. Some days I fill it up with the right fuel, keep it organised and drive it below the speed limit. But once in a while, I drive it around in a rush, get flashed by a multinova, can’t be bothered filling it up with petrol and mess begins to […]
My high school chemistry teacher once said to me with a serious look on his face ‘Miss Genovese, if you’re not careful you’ll have a stress induced heart attack’. I was 16 at the time and thought relaxation was for lazy people who spent their lives meditating in caves in far away places. As a […]
At the beginning of every school year, I would tell myself “This year is going to be different. Assignments in on time, great marks, participating in lots of activities and to top it off, I’m going to be more organised” For a short time, I would feel motivated with a positive outlook, but it wasn’t […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- How I stood up to my chair and started moving more April 9, 2017
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Jane: That's awesome Nat! Well done for lobbying for a ...
- Nat: Love this and so true! I had to lobby my work to b...
- Jane: Hi Reluctant Fundamentalist :) There are a few ap...
- Reluctant Fundamentalist: Hey, what would be an app i could download tha...
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...