They say the way you start the morning often sets the stage for the rest of the day. Here’s how I used to start my day: with a bowl of nutri-grain cereal. In my naivety, I believed the marketing messages that this was the food of iron men and women. I believed it would help […]
Archive | Lifestyle RSS feed for this section
Over the past year I’ve seen more and more people using standing desks. And not just people with bad backs. I’m talking fit, strong and healthy people with no physical aches and pains. For example, a few months ago I met a young lawyer who had recently purchased a standing desk and treadmill for her […]
Want to boost your grades and productivity this year? Then consider boosting your happiness and wellbeing. Research shows that happy students tend to be better students. When one is feeling good about themselves and their life then they are more likely to experience greater creativity and mental clarity as well as better relationships. When you’re […]
Staying focused in the age of distraction isn’t easy but it can be done with a little mental training and structuring your environment in a particular way. If you want to develop razor sharp focus, greater peace of mind and the ability to get things done, consider making the time to declutter your workspace. Research […]
When I was 12 years old I participated in my first poetry recital contest. Despite practicing my poem for many months before the contest, I was really nervous. Normally you could imagine a parent telling their nervous child “It’s OK. You’ll be fine” or “Take some deep breaths”. But my mum didn’t do that. Instead […]
Do you feel in control of technology? Or is technology in control of you? If you’ve ever had the experience where 5 minutes online turned into several hours, it’s probably a sign that you’re not in control. And why should we bother to be more disciplined about our screen time? Well for starters, e-obesity is […]
Last year, scientists did an autopsy on a dead sperm whale that was washed ashore on the Spanish coast south of Granada. What the scientists found inside the stomach of this whale shocked them – 18 kilograms of plastic made up of toothpaste containers, pots, rope, bags, and bottles. It’s a no brainer that this […]
On average humans in the first world spend 3 hours a day in front of the television. To put this in perspective, if you watched this amount of TV daily and lived to the ripe old age of 75 you would have spent 9 years of your life in front of a television. Take a […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...