When you stop procrastinating you don’t just say goodbye to pulling all-nighters. You also say goodbye to a truckload of guilt, stress, and anxiety. Below are 15 strategies you can use to help you stop procrastinating, decrease your stress levels, and get stuff done. 1. Start before you start When you get home from school, […]
Archive | Lifestyle RSS feed for this section
Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. Why then do you keep studying in ways that are ineffective? Why would you do things that lead to unnecessary pain and suffering? Because if you’re anything like I was in high school, you probably […]
In American teen films, you’ll often find a philosophical college counsellor or a wise old teacher who dishes out pearls of wisdom. At my high school, it was the elderly Chaplain who tried (perhaps a little too hard) to fill this role. One day, after I had received some disciplinary action for arriving late to […]
Have you ever said to yourself, “I won’t start writing that essay until I can get it absolutely perfect?” or “I won’t start that project until my desk and room are spotless”. Welcome to the world (and trap) of perfectionism. I come from a family of perfectionists. So I have first-hand real world experience of […]
When we think of people who exercise every day, we typically think of people who are super motivated and inspired and full of positive thinking. Maybe these people are sipping on a green smoothie or striking a yoga pose on the beach with their hands in prayer position. Look, I like green smoothies. I really […]
Making friends with exercise: How to become someone who exercises every day without becoming a ‘gym junkie’
Over the last few years, exercise has become a non-negotiable part of my day. Friends and family now call me a ‘gym junkie’ but believe me, I’m not. Typically when you think of ‘gym junkies’, you think of people who have huge bulging muscles and are striving to achieve a perfectly chiseled physique. I am […]
Avoiding the Comparison Trap: How to Navigate through Facebook to Avoid Experiencing Mild Depression
Have you ever noticed that you sometimes feel a little flat after spending time on Facebook? A study by Kross et al. (2013) found that young people experience lower levels of subjective well-being after spending time on the social media site. Why would this be? Some scholars argue that it’s because we compare. According to […]
The life-changing magic of realising you have a problem: How the KonMari decluttering method helped me break my stationery addiction
Marie Kondo took the world by storm with her bestselling book “The life-changing magic of tidying up”. Her decluttering strategy (known as the KonMari method) is simple: Gather all the items in the same category (e.g. clothes, books or sentimentals), create a pile and then one by one, hold each item in your hands to […]
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter and study tips
- “I’ll start trying in year 12 when it really matters” and other delusional thoughts: Debunking 3 ideas that stop you from achieving your personal best March 13, 2017
- 15 Strategies to Stop Procrastinating and Get Stuff Done March 2, 2017
- The study strategy you can’t live without… February 24, 2017
- The 8 Biggest Mistakes Students Make February 23, 2017
- The Everest Philosophy: A strategy to help you finish projects and assignments when you’re sick and tired of them February 6, 2017
- 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project August 6, 2009
- How to Mind Map for Study Success November 5, 2007
- Developing Razor Sharp Focus with Zen Habits Blogger, Leo Babauta July 22, 2011
- Top 10 tips for taking exams October 22, 2008
- How to motivate yourself at anytime December 21, 2013
- Elara: Thanks for the great tips! My exams start soon and...
- Jane: All the best Natasha. Make sure you get a good nig...
- natasha: thank you,so much.....Math exam tomorrow...
- Jane: That's fantastic Bernard! Well done :)...
- Bernard Thian: Thank You Jane , I follow what you said and I have...